The OpenSource ROHC library
The ROHC library provides an easy and robust way for applications to reduce their bandwidth usage on network links with limited capacity or expensive costs. Headers of network packets are compressed with the ROHC protocol and algorithms.
The ROHC protocol is very efficient for compressing VoIP streams that use RTP as transport protocol. ROHC is also suitable for compressing IP-only (IPv4 or IPv6), UDP or TCP flows and many others.
The ROHC library is intended for developers who want to reduce the bandwidth requirements of their applications. Supported platforms include Linux, *BSD, Windows, and Android. If you're a developer, get started with the library.
The library is published as Opensource under the GNU LGPL2.1+ license starting with version 1.7.0. Previous versions were published under the GNU GPL2+ license.
The project is the resulting work of many contributors: CNES (the French Space Agency), Thales Alenia Space and Viveris Technologies are the initiators of the project. Viveris Technologies now sponsors the project by making available some developpers of its network & Linux team.
- What is the ROHC protocol?
- What features are supported?
- What performances to expect?
- Get started with the library!
- What are the licensing terms?
- Who is involved?
- Download packages & sources
- Browse the documentation
- Get more documentation on the wiki
- Browse FAQ entries
- Subscribe to or browse archive of the mailing list
- Have a look at the roadmap and the TODO list
- Browse the source code online
- Search for tickets or open new tickets in the bugtracker
- Monitor build status on the continuous integration interface
Next major release: 2.4.0 Git branch roadmap
Current stable release: 2.3.1 download release notes
Previous stable release: 2.2.0 download release notes
- Version 2.3.0 published with improved efficiency and performances
- Version 2.2.0 published with ROHCv2 profiles
- Major version 2.0.0 published
- Python binding available!
- Valid SSL certificate for the website
- New website for the ROHC library!
- ROHC monthly report (September)
- Maintenance versions 1.5.3 and 1.6.1 are available!
- View all announcements…
Viveris provides to the ROHC project the skills of its engineering teams in the telecommunications, network and Linux fields.
Viveris is a French engineering company specialized in advanced technologies and IT. For 30 years, Viveris has developed a pole of competences in embedded network services products.
Viveris proposes its knowledge and expertise on network header compression to companies through the Viveris OpenSource team.